Sunday, July 20, 2014

Soup, Salad, and Sandwich

     A classic lunch or week night light dinner combo in my house is the soup, salad, and sandwich.  Yes, it's all three....not just "you pick two!"  The most common soup on my menu is my Tomato Soup.  It's quick, simple, and oh-so-delicious!
     The sandwich can be either lunch meat or my yummy Chicken Salad.   For today's post, I decided to share my twist on a grilled cheese.  This sandwich is not JUST cheese!  It has pesto, tomato, and shredded mozzarella between two slices of buttered bread.  Then, of course it's cooked in the skillet until each side is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.  Let it sit for a minute before you cut it in half.  This will help it stay together as you dunk into your soup!


     As for the salad part, you can make a Greek salad with black olives, feta, silvered almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette.  Or a simple house chopped salad with all of your favorite veggies and dressing.  Today I'm sharing my "specialty" salad with bacon vinaigrette.  It's special because I don't make it often.  It's like a salad indulgence!  All you do is top some butter lettuce with sliced hard boiled eggs, sauteed onions, crispy bacon pieces and homemade bacon dressing.  The dressing is easy!  Just whisk 3 tablespoons of bacon fat, 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard into a saucepan over medium low heat until bubbly.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment