Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Frozen Banana Yogurt

   One thing that we struggle with is healthy desserts.  I know it sounds like an oxymoron but it can be done...and can be deliciously!  On an episode of my new favorite show, The Kitchen (on Food Network) Geoffery Zakarian made an amazingly healthy and fast banana frozen yogurt.  Of course, I had to try it immediately!  It was awesome and something that I will make frequently (until my blender bit the dust a few weeks later).  Anyways, here it is and try it so soon!  It's the perfect summer indulgence.



Frozen Banana Yogurt
Ingredients:
3 ripe banana, cut into pieces
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat is best, but I always have the low fat kind in the fridge)
1/4 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread

Directions:
Place bananas in a single layer and freeze for several hours (or overnight).

Put the bananas in a blender and puree.  Add the yogurt and peanut butter.  Continue blending until everything is combined and smooth.  Transfer to a bowl.


Swirl in the chocolate-hazelnut spread.  Freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment