Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chew Chew Food Company (food truck)

     Today's "on the town..." post brings us Chew Chew Food Company.  This is a newer food truck in the Jax truck scene, but it has quickly become one of my favorites.  The menu is pretty diverse with BBQ, blackened fish, and curried chicken.  Of course, being a food truck, the menu does change regularly.  Chew Chew always has a variety of options to satisfy your pallet.  For me, this is super important and where this food truck gets much of my approval vote.  I like options!
     This time I ordered the the blackened fish tacos.  Now, if you've read any of my recipe posts you'll see that I make fish and shrimp tacos regularly.  I kind of think of myself as a fish taco snob.  If I'm going to order and pay you to make me a fish or shrimp taco, it has to taste better the ones I make.  Not too much to ask, right?  As soon as I ordered these, Chew Chew was set to a pretty high standard!
     And the verdict!  I can without a doubt say that these fish tacos are the BEST fish tacos I've ever had!  Now, I have tried several other taco offerings from restaurants (that will remain nameless) and they were far from acceptable.  I would order Chew Chew's blackened fish tacos again!  Here's why they're so delicious...three flour tortillas stuffed (I'm not exaggerating) with blackened Mahi, shaved cabbage, pineapple salsa, and poblano ranch.  The fish is blackened and cooked perfectly!  The salsa is sweet and tangy!  The ranch is creamy and sweet!  I can not say enough great things about this dish.

Check Chew Chew Food Company out on facebook!

Blackened Fish Tacos with Aardwolf's Hasselhoffenweiss beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment