Monday, September 23, 2013

Easy asparagus side dish

     My favorite vegetables in the world are roasted broccoli and roasted asparagus.  I came up with this simple side dish to save some fresh asparagus from the trashcan.  I really kind of just threw in some of my favorite things and popped it in the oven.  Now this side dish is a staple in my house!  It's so delicious and easy!

Ingredients: I don't really know the measurements....It's all relative to how much asparagus you are making.  Just eyeball it!
Fresh asparagus, with tough ends trimmed
Black olives, sliced
Lite balsamic vinaigrette
Reduced fat, crumbled feta

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet with canola oil nonstick spray.  Lay asparagus spears in one layer.  Drizzle enough vinaigrette to coated the vegetables.  With clean hands, toss asparagus around but make sure they return to a single layer.  Sprinkle feta and olives over the top.  Place into a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.  You want the asparagus to be soft but not burnt.  There will be a little sizzle from the dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment