Sunday, January 5, 2014

Breakfast in a Cup

     If you've read some of my other posts, you may have noticed a few trends.  I'm not a morning person...I know breakfast is important but don't always get to it...My mornings are usually pretty rushed!  The Keurig is a beautiful thing for a quick cup of hot coffee (mine is usually brewed right into a to-go cup :)  My Grab and Go Iced Coffee is perfect for summer mornings in Florida's heat or a mid-day pick me up! See the theme?!?!
     Today, I bring you Breakfast in a Cup :)  Obviously, this will be a breakfast smoothie!  Most smoothie recipes I have found call for ingredients that I don't usually keep on hand.  When I actually remember to get these special items from the store, they end up going bad before I get to use them.  Here's something I've found that uses "normal" ingredients but still packed with nutrients and vitamins.

Breakfast in a Cup

Ingredients:
One package of Carnation Breakfast To-GO (I used vanilla for mine, but use whatever flavor floats your boat.)
One cup of frozen fruit (I used half bananas and half strawberries.  Again play with your flavor combinations!)
3/4 cup of fat free milk
Teaspoon of ground flax seed

Directions:
Put everything in your blender and let it rip!  Blend until smooth and creamy.  Now get out the door and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment