Thursday, August 8, 2013

Workin' on my fitness!

   It's been a while since my last post (school's about to start so there will be an influx very soon).  I've been using my exercise notebook/calendar for about two weeks now.  I've actually done very well.  For September, I will be making some adjustments to the overall set up of the monthly page.  In the picture, you can see that I definitely made some notes...several of the workouts I tried were either too difficult or not really my kinda workout (namely yoga lol).  I also noted if a I changed any times, intervals, or reps that way I can do better next time.
     Running has also been very difficult for me.  If it's not 100 degrees, it's monsoon-ing.  I did find a "rainy day" runner's workout that I really like, so I'll keep that in the bag for those "no run" days (I listed the exercise routine at the end).
     I found, too, that working out every day is very hard with my schedule.  I still completed every listed routine but some days I just doubled up.  For next month, I'm just listing weeks not days.  My thought is that in seven days I'll complete 4 workouts.  That way I can workout when I have the time and energy and not feel like I'm forcing myself...as long as I complete the week.  Not sure if that's scientifically proven but I feel healthier ;)

Here's the Rainy Day Runner's Workout:
This was KILLER. Moderate soreness in my core and butt, and legs were on fire the next day. And that was only going through the list once!

No comments:

Post a Comment