Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to school!

     So, I thought I had already done a back to school post...but I think I forgot to actually "post" it!  Can you already tell how busy I've been?
     With this new year, many new things have come also.  We have new administration, new district leaders, new instructional coaches, a lot of new teachers, new students......my list can go on!  I'm trying to think of all these new things as positive things and so far so good.
     I am only teaching reading and writing this year so I really get to focus on student gains and data.  As a spreadsheet lover, I'm excited about this!  This is also scary because my student numbers have doubled along with the portfolios.  So far I'm really feeling this team teaching method.
     In my classroom, I have arranged my collaborative groups into L shaped formations.  This allows students to be able to work in small groups and still all face forward.  Each team has a captain and community supplies.  So far this is effective grouping.
     Our school has also adopted a superhero theme!  It's amazing how well the staff and students have taken this and run with it. 
   I'll have to add some more posts with our superhero theme :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment